Friday, August 24, 2012

Slammin' Deal

This is just too good to not share.

In my last post I shared about Bookmans and how I can get store credit for bringing in things I find at garage sales and thrift stores to sell to them.

Well, I was in there a couple days ago, and there have been a few things on my wish list that I have been keeping my eye out for. One thing in particular I have never seen there but it's something that would be totally awesome to have.

Planet Earth: The Complete BBC Series [Blu-ray]
For those of you have not seen any of these episodes, let me tell you this is the best nature documentary that has ever been made. And we've been wanting to own it.

So as I am browsing at Bookmans I find this... 

Life & Planet Earth Collection (9pc) Blu-ray Disc 883929117406 Front

Not only is it the complete Planet Earth series, but also the complete Life series (a sequel to Planet Earth). And it was listed for $35!

So of course I bought it with the Bookmans credit that I have saved up. And since I tend to get anywhere from 2x to 4x the profit on what I bring in to sell to them, I'm guessing that my out-of-pocket cost is only $10-$15 for this treasure. And if you click on the picture you will see that at Best Buy it's being sold for $99.99!
Total savings? $85!

Now that's a slammin' deal!

1 comment:

  1. Nice score!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete