Friday, August 17, 2012

Bookmans Fun

Here in Mesa, AZ, there is a store called Bookmans. It's a really fun entertainment exchange store. Obviously, the thing they have the most of is books, but they also have DVD's, CD's video games, and even musical instruments. And they buy things from people that want to bring in their movies, books, etc. They will offer store credit or cash, but usually the store credit is twice as much or more as the cash they offer.

I found out about Bookmans right after we moved down here. And started taking some things that we didn't want anymore over there and got some store credit for it. Then as I would shop at thrift stores I would see things that I knew Bookmans would give me store credit for at a profit. So over the last year or so when find things to take to bookmans, I'll buy them and get some store credit to use for presents or other things.

Here's my latest exciting deal!

While I was at Barnes & Noble the other day, they had a $2 bin and I found a brand new Glee Cranium in it.

Glee Cranium

Now, I don't watch Glee, but I knew I could get more than $2 credit for it at Bookmans. So I bought it. And Bookmans gave me $5 in store credit for it. Not as much as I had hoped, but still not bad.

Then while I was at Bookmans, I found Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 on Blue Ray for $5.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1 [Blu-ray]

We already own 1-6 on Blue Ray and we've been looking for this one and Part 2. This was a great deal for Bookmans, normally they would be selling this movie for $12-$15 dollars. So when I saw that it was only $5, I wasn't going to pass that up and I bought it!

So, when all was said and done, I paid $2 for a Blue Ray, practically brand new, HP and the Deathly Hallows Part 1. That's a great deal!

1 comment: