Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Nalgene Cozy

For those that don't know, Phoenix gets really hot in the summer (never gets below 100 degrees, even at night). So, as I was thinking about ways to stay cool and hydrated, I wanted a way to keep the water in my Nalgene cold as long as possible. But I didn't want to buy a cozy for it, I wanted to make one. But most homemade cozies I found online were crocheted and I didn't want one like that because I knew it would just get soaked from the condensation on the bottle. So I came up with my own solution from a canvass lunch box! And it turned out perfect.
 Here is my canvass lunch box and my Nalgene.

The first step is to cut down both sides of the lunch box and across the bottom.

This is the remaining result.

Wrap it around the bottle to make sure it's the right size.

Then cut off the extra rounded end.


Turn inside out and pin together.

Do an extra check to make sure it fits snuggly, and then sew up the side.


And there it is! The finished product. And it even has a handle!

1 comment: